Village and Community Agents
Since the beginning of October 2017 the Village and Community agents scheme combined with social prescribing to become a new service called 'Community Connectors'.
Gloucestershire County Council and NHS Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group have been working together, with Community partners, to integrate the Village and Community Agent Service with the Social prescribing service.
Anyone over the age of 16 years living in Gloucestershire, or registered with a Gloucestershire GP, can access Community Connectors. Referrals can be made by health or social care professional, a voluntary and Community group, members of the community as well as self - referral.
The service can offer one to one support for individuals and can also signpost or refer people to activities and groups available in their area. Community Connectors on the ground will have extensive local knowledge and will be able to facilitate local activity.
It can be helpful for people:
- In times of change, for example redundancy, health issues or retirement.
- In times of emotional hardship, such as after a bereavement
- Who are worried about a debt or financial issues
- Who don't know where to turn for support
- Who would like to volunteer in their community
For more information for the Stroud District you can call:
The Independence Trust
0345 863 8323